Organizational Commitment Statements
To provide an opportunity for organizations across the country to discuss and share plans of action to reverse clinician burnout and promote clinician well-being, the National Academy of Medicine (NAM) is collecting statements describing organizational goals or commitments to action. By sharing your commitment to improving clinician well-being and reducing clinician burnout, you are an active contributor to the NAM’s Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-Being and Resilience. The following organizations have submitted formal statements:
- National Academy of Medicine
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Board of Medical Specialties
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American College of Physicians
- American Dental Education Association
- American Medical Association
- American Nurses Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
The NAM welcomes statements describing organizational goals or commitments to improving clinician well-being and decreasing clinician burnout. Please submit your statement by completing this questionnaire. Your statement may be uploaded as a Word or PDF document. Complete submission guidelines appear below.
- Statements should be 500 words or less. If applicable, you may include a link to a longer statement on your website.
- Statements should describe organizational (rather than personal) commitments.
- Statements responding to the prompt will be posted on the NAM website.
- The NAM may choose not to post submissions that are not responsive to the prompt.
- Statements will not be edited without written approval from the submitting organization.
- Contact information for your organization’s liaison will be posted on the NAM website to further facilitate a self-sustaining action network unless you specifically request otherwise
Submission deadline: December 13 at 11:59 PM PT.
Questions? Please contact us at ClinicianWellBeing@nas.edu.
Disclaimer: This page includes links to statements created by other public and/or private organizations. These statements are provided solely for our users’ information and convenience. These statements are created by other public and/or private organizations, and are in no way connected to, under the control of, or associated with the National Academy of Medicine (NAM) or the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM). Inclusion of the statements does not imply or constitute an endorsement or promotion by NAM or NASEM of any persons or organizations. Neither NAM nor NASEM endorse these statements, and are not responsible in any way for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from the organizations responsible for the statements. NAM and NASEM make no guarantees, and accept no liability, regarding the linked statements, including, but not limited to, their availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.