The Future of Nursing 2020-2030 Webinar Series
Webinar 2: Lifting Practice Barriers and Designing Better Payment Models to Expand the Contributions of Nurses
Workshop Date and Time: July 21, 2021 | 1:00 PM-2:30 PM ET
Where: Via webinar
The National Academy of Medicine (NAM) presents a 4-part webinar series exploring the blueprint for the next decade of nursing as outlined in its new report, The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity.
Join the NAM on July 21, 2021, for the second webinar of this series, which will delve into nursing scope of practice and payment models. Panelists will discuss how individuals, organizations, and systems can work to lift practice barriers in conjunction with payment mechanisms that support and incentivize efforts to address social determinants of health.
Featured panelists will include:
- Dr. Marshall Chin (Committee Member), Richard Parrillo Family Professor of Healthcare Ethics, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago
- Dr. John Rowe (Committee Member), Julius B. Richmond Professor of Health Policy and Aging, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University
- Dr. Linda McCauley, Dean, Neal Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University
- Dr. Ellen-Marie Whalen, Chief Population Health Officer, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) Senior Advisor, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI)
- Dr. Scharmaine Lawson, Nurse Practitioner, New Orleans, LA; Author, Nola the Nurse series
The National League for Nursing has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 2201 Cooperative Way; Suite 600, Herndon, VA 20171. Certificates (indicating contact hours/CEUs) will be awarded to participants who attend the full duration of the webinar, submit a completed evaluation form online, and complete an assessment demonstrating learning outcomes have been met as defined by the content objectives.
Webinar 1: 0.1 CEU/1 Contact Hour – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 1 will be July 27, 2021.
Webinar 2: 0.15 CEUS/1.5 Contact Hours – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 2 will be August 18, 2021.
Webinar 3: 0.15 CEUS/1.5 Contact Hours – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 3 will be August 30, 2021.
Webinar 4: 0.15 CEUS/1.5 Contact Hours – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 3 will be August 30, 2021.
Total for attending all 4 webinars: 0.55 CEUS/5.5 Contact Hours
1:00 pm ET | Welcome & Introductory Comments
- Susan Hassmiller, National Academy of Medicine
1:05 pm ET | Overview of Nursing Scope of Practice Barriers
- John Rowe, Columbia University
1:15 pm ET | How to Work Toward Lifting Barriers for Nurses: The Primary Care Perspective
- Linda McCauley, Emory University
1:25 pm ET | How to Work Toward Lifting Barriers for Nurses: The Community Perspective
- Scharmaine Lawson, Nurse Practitioner, New Orleans, LA; Author
1:35 pm ET | Overview of Effective Care Management Programs and Payment Systems
- Marshall Chin, University of Chicago
1:45 pm ET | Designing Better Payment Models: The Federal Government Perspective
- Ellen-Marie Whelan, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI)
1:55 pm ET | Q&A and Discussion
2:30 pm ET | Adjourn