On September 28, 2021, the NAM hosted a virtual event to publicly launch the Action Collaborative on Decarbonizing the U.S. Health Sector (Climate Collaborative).
Climate change represents one of the most significant threats to human health in the 21st century. This meeting discussed details about the new Climate Collaborative, and included remarks from Collaborative co-chairs and health sector leadership on addressing climate change and its related health impacts.
11:00 AM | Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Victor Dzau, MD, National Academy of Medicine
- George Barrett, MBA, Cardinal Health (former)
- Andrew Witty, UnitedHealth Group
11:10 AM | Special Address by Rachel Levine, MD, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
11:20 AM | NAM Climate Collaborative Overview
11:35 AM | Health Sector Leadership in Addressing Climate Change
- Don Berwick, MD, MPP, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Michelle Hood, American Hospital Association
- James Madara, MD, American Medical Association
- Beverly Malone, PhD, RN, National League for Nursing
- Michelle McMurry-Heath, MD, PhD, Biotechnology Innovation Organization
12:25 PM | Summary & Concluding Remarks