Speaker Presentation Slides
- Introduction Of The Clinician Well Being Collaborative
- Sustaining an Evidence Based Comprehensive Framework for Wellness
- Student Wellness In UME: One Size Does Not Fit All
- Stress, Trauma, and Resilience At The Wexner Medical Center
- Closing Remarks
- The Ohio State University Case Study
- Making an Evidence-Based Case for Urgent Action to Address Clinician Burnout, The American Journal of Accountable Care
- Making the Case for the Chief Wellness Officer in America’s Health Systems: A Call to Action, HealthAffairs
- Intervention Effects of the MINDBODYSTRONG Cognitive Behavioral Skills Building Program on Newly Licensed Registered Nurses’ Mental Health, Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors, and Job Satisfaction, The Journal of Nursing Administration
- Psychometric Properties of the Perceived Wellness Culture and Environment Support Scale, American Journal of Health Promotion
- Relationships Among Perceived Wellness Culture, Healthy Lifestyle Beliefs, and Healthy Behaviors in University Faculty and Staff: Implications for Practice and Future Research, Western Journal of Nursing Research
- Workplace Wellness Champions: Lessons Learned and Implications for Future Programming, Building Healthy Academic Communities Journal
The Ohio State University case study highlights initiatives at the College of Nursing, College of Medicine, Emergency Medicine Residency Program, and Wexner Medical Center that are reducing burnout among practicing clinicians, trainees, and students. The Ohio State University webinar was held on Thursday, November 21 from 2:30-4:00 PM ET. The objectives were to:
- Hear directly from program developers and leadership at The Ohio State University about successful programs and policies that have reduced clinician burnout and improved clinician well-being.
- Share lessons learned, challenges, and sustainability efforts of the university’s well-being programs and policies.
- Allow case study readers to ask questions of program developers and leadership to gain more insight into the programs and policies at the university.
Webinar speakers included:
- Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, PhD, APRN-CNP, FAANP, FNAP, FAAN, Vice President for Health Promotion, University Chief Wellness Officer, and Dean of The Ohio State University College of Nursing
- Daniel Clinchot, MD, Vice Dean for Education at The Ohio State College of Medicine
- Simiao Li-Sauerwine, MD, Assistant Residency Program Director, Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
- Andrew Thomas, MD, MBA, FACP, Chief Medical Officer, Wexner Medical Center
- Bryant Adibe, MD, System Vice President and Chief Wellness Officer, Rush University System for Health
This webinar was the first of the Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-Being and Resilience‘s Case Study Webinar Series. The second webinar, focusing on the Virginia Mason Kirkland Medical Center, can be found here. Questions? Please email Mariana Zindel at MZindel@nas.edu.