The National Academy of Medicine, Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Health Care Without Harm, and Practice Greenhealth invited health care leaders, professionals of all disciplines, people working in education and health care, and anyone interested in climate and health care to attend a webinar, Activating Health Professionals to Lead Climate Action.
This free event showcased stories of health care professional activation and leadership in climate action. Attendees heard from organizational leaders who worked to raise awareness and engage members of the health care workforce in efforts to lower greenhouse gas emissions, build resilience, and foster climate leadership and equity. Speakers also included health care professionals who successfully used their collective voice to advocate for their organizations to commit to climate goals and pledges. Attendees learned about educational resources on climate and health action to further their own learning and share with their colleagues.
Health professional networks:
Health professional fellowships and scholarships:
- Health Care Without Harm Emerging Physician Leader Award and Scholarship
- Health Care Without Harm Blair and Georgia Sadler Fellowship
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Climate & Human Health Fellowship
- University of Colorado School of Medicine Climate & Health Fellowship
- NMA & Medical Society Consortium on Climate and Health Climate Health Equity Fellowship
- Cambridge Health Alliance Climate Health Organizing Fellowship
- Global Consortium on Climate and Health Education Climate and Health Education Student Fellowship
- Physicians for Social Responsibility Climate and Health Fellowship
- University of Washington Emergency Medicine Population Health Research Fellowship
- Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments Environmental Health Nurse Fellowship
- Key Actions to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions by U.S. Hospitals and Health Systems
- Climate Collaborative homepage
- NAM climate and health listserv
- Planetary Health Report Card, Climate Resources for Health Education, MS4SF Guide to Climate & Health Curriculum Reform
This is the second in a series of events. View Webinar 1 on Decarbonizing Health Care: Taking the Next Step to Reduce Your Organization’s Emissions >>
The resources on this page do not necessarily represent the views of any one organization, the Action Collaborative on Decarbonizing the U.S. Health Sector, or the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, and have not all been subjected to the review procedures of, nor are they all a product of, the National Academies. We are sharing this curated list based on the expert guidance of webinar speakers to serve as resources.