- Extended Slide Deck
- Observations from the Field: Reducing Measurement Burden (NAM discussion paper)
- S. Physician Practices Spend More than $15.4 billion annual to report quality measures (Health Affairs)
- Streamlining Quality Measurement: Opportunities and Challenges (Lew Sandy)
- Regulatory Overload: Assessing the Regulatory Burden on Health Systems, Hospitals, and Post-Acute Care Providers (American Hospital Association)
- June 2017 Webinar
- Vital Signs homepage
- Vital Signs report
This webinar is intended to describe the current state of play of health care quality metric reporting and the opportunities for sharpening focus through concerted efforts to measure what matters most. Key questions include:
- How are various measurement activities driving improvement and value in health care?
- What is the current burden of quality metrics reporting among providers?
- What are the ongoing initiatives and opportunities led by key stakeholders to sharpening focus towards core metrics?
Through insights obtained from quantitative and qualitative research, this webinar will identify opportunities for the National Academy of Medicine to facilitate stakeholder progress in the spread and scale of Core Metrics implementation.
Panelists Nancy Dunlap, University of Alabama at Birmingham David Gans, Medical Group Management Association Lewis Sandy, UnitedHealth John Bernot, National Quality Forum Nancy Foster, American Hospital Association Michael McGinnis, National Academy of Medicine Claire Wang, National Academy of Medicine To view a full agenda, please click here.