The Future of Nursing 2020-2030 Webinar Series
Webinar 4: Diversifying the Nursing Workforce to Advance Health Equity
Workshop Date and Time: August 11, 2021 | 2:00 PM-3:30 PM ET
The National Academy of Medicine (NAM) presents a 4-part webinar series exploring the blueprint for the next decade of nursing as outlined in its new report, The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity.
Join the NAM on August 11, 2021 for the fourth webinar of this series, which will examine the current and future state of the nursing workforce. Panelists will engage in a discussion on ways to bolster the workforce through education, preparedness, and leadership to better advance health equity. Panelists will explore how diversifying the nursing workforce is vital to better address social determinants of health. Featured panelists will include:
- Dr. Peter Buerhaus (Committee Member), Professor of Nursing, College of Nursing, and Director, Center for Interdisciplinary Health Workforce Studies, Montana State University
- Rear Admiral Dr. Aisha K. Mix, Chief Nurse Officer, Commissioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service
- Dr. Sheldon Fields, Associate Dean for Equity and Inclusion and Research Professor, College of Nursing, The Pennsylvania State University
- Ebony Hailey, Nurse Care Coordinator for Care Management Initiatives, Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
The National League for Nursing has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 2201 Cooperative Way; Suite 600, Herndon, VA 20171. Certificates (indicating contact hours/CEUs) will be awarded to participants who attend the full duration of the webinar, submit a completed evaluation form online, and complete an assessment demonstrating learning outcomes have been met as defined by the content objectives.
Webinar 1: 0.1 CEU/1 Contact Hour – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 1 will be July 27, 2021.
Webinar 2: 0.15 CEUS/1.5 Contact Hours – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 2 will be August 18, 2021.
Webinar 3: 0.15 CEUS/1.5 Contact Hours – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 3 will be August 30, 2021.
Webinar 4: 0.15 CEUS/1.5 Contact Hours – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 3 will be August 30, 2021.
Total for attending all 4 webinars: 0.55 CEUS/5.5 Contact Hours
2:00 pm ET | Welcome & Introductory Comments
- Ashley Darcy-Mahoney, National Academy of Medicine
2:05 pm ET | Overview of the Current and Future Nursing Workforce
- Peter Buerhaus, Montana State University
2:20 pm ET | The Nursing Workforces’ Role in Addressing Social Determinants of Health and Advancing Health Equity: Why a Diverse Workforce is Needed
- Sheldon Fields, The Pennsylvania State University
2:35 pm ET | The Public Health Service’s Role in Diversifying the Nursing Workforce
- Aisha Mix, Commissioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service
2:50 pm ET | A Nurse’s Experience
- Ebony Hailey, Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
3:05 pm ET | Q&A and Discussion
3:30 pm ET | Adjourn