The Future of Nursing 2020-2030 Webinar Series
Webinar 3: Fully Supporting Nurses’ Well-Being to Advance Health Equity
Workshop Date and Time: August 4, 2021 | 3:30 PM-5:00 PM ET
The National Academy of Medicine (NAM) presents a 4-part webinar series exploring the blueprint for the next decade of nursing as outlined in its new report, The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity.
Join the NAM on August 4, 2021 for the third webinar of this series, which will explore the state of nurses’ well-being and the impact of nurse well-being on efforts to advance health equity. Panelists will analyze both individual and systems-level approaches to addressing and improving the well-being of America’s nursing workforce.
Featured panelists will include:
- Marcus Henderson (Committee Member), Charge Nurse, Adolescent Services, Fairmount Behavioral Health System; Lecturer, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Victoria L. Tiase (Committee Member), Director of Research Science and Informatics Strategy, New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Dr. Deborah C. Stamps, Executive Vice President, Chief Nursing Education and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer, and President, College of Health Careers, Isabella Graham Hart School of Practical Nursing, Rochester Regional Health
- Dr. Katie Boston-Leary, Director of Nursing Programs, American Nurses Association
- Dr. Christine Pabico, President-elect, Metropolitan DC Chapter, Philippine Nurses Association of America
The National League for Nursing has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 2201 Cooperative Way; Suite 600, Herndon, VA 20171. Certificates (indicating contact hours/CEUs) will be awarded to participants who attend the full duration of the webinar, submit a completed evaluation form online, and complete an assessment demonstrating learning outcomes have been met as defined by the content objectives.
Webinar 1: 0.1 CEU/1 Contact Hour – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 1 will be July 27, 2021.
Webinar 2: 0.15 CEUS/1.5 Contact Hours – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 2 will be August 18, 2021.
Webinar 3: 0.15 CEUS/1.5 Contact Hours – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 3 will be August 30, 2021.
Webinar 4: 0.15 CEUS/1.5 Contact Hours – The last day to receive CEUs for Webinar 3 will be August 30, 2021.
Total for attending all 4 webinars: 0.55 CEUS/5.5 Contact Hours
3:30 pm ET | Welcome & Introductory Comments
- Susan Hassmiller, National Academy of Medicine
3:35 pm ET | Overview of Nurses’ Well-Being and the Connection to Advancing Health Equity
- Marcus Henderson, University of Pennsylvania
- Katie Boston-Leary, American Nurses Association
3:55 pm ET | Individual Approaches to Address Nurse Well-being
- Victoria Tiase, New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Deborah Stamps, Rochester Regional Health
4:15 pm ET | Systems-Level Approaches to Address Nurse Well-being
- Christine Pabico, Philippine Nurses Association of America
4:25 pm ET | Q&A and Discussion
5:00 pm ET | Adjourn
Full Agenda Coming Soon