Presentation of Chapter Drafts
- Introduction: Description of the publication scope and intended outcomes
- Chapter 2: Current state overview of the AI landscape
- Chapter 3: Promise and potential impact of AI
- Chapter 4: Potential Unintended Consequences of AI/ML in Medicine
- Chapter 5: AI development and validation
- Chapter 6: Deploying AI in clinical settings
- Chapter 7: Regulatory and policy considerations
Meeting Focus: Convening of the NAM Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in Health Care Working Group and external experts to discuss a draft NAM Special Publication describing the promise, development, and deployment of AI/ML models to improve health.
Motivating questions: For each chapter in the NAM Special Publication, participants will consider the following:
1. Key Issues: Does the chapter address the most significant issues facing the development, deployment, or use of AI/ML in health care?
2. Solutions: Do the solutions proposed in the chapter adequately balance the key considerations and issues discussed? Do they provide fair and balanced guidance for those interested in developing and deploying AI/ML models in health care settings?
3. Improvements: Are there recommendations regarding ways the chapter content could be improved to increase its usefulness to the field?
Outcomes anticipated: Refinement of the draft NAM Special Publication so that it is effective at accelerating the appropriate development, adoption, and use of valid, reliable, and sustainable AI and ML models for transformative progress in health and health care.