About this Event
Developmental Neurosciences: Do We Know Enough to Prevent or Reverse Major Behavioral Disorders?
The NAM will host its 2017 Annual Meeting in Washington, DC on October 16, 2017. Registration will open in Summer 2017. Please join our mailing list to be notified when registration is open.
Keynote: Cori Bargmann, Ph.D., The Rockefeller University, and Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
Panel 1: Brain Plasticity and its Disorders: Autism Spectrum and Schizophrenias
Panel 2: Vulnerability and Resilience: Anxiety Disorders and Bipolar Depression
Panel 3: Decision-making, Impulsivity, and Addiction
- Deanna Barch, Ph.D., Washington University in St. Louis
- John Krystal, M.D., Yale University
- Charles Nelson, Ph.D., Boston Children’s Hospital
- Matthew State, M.D., Ph.D., University of California, San Francisco
- Beth Stevens, Ph.D., Harvard Medical School
In addition to the scientific program, NAM President Dr. Victor J. Dzau will welcome the newest class of NAM members and will present the 2016 winners of the Gustav O. Lienhard Award, Bernard and Rhoda Sarnat International Prize in Mental Health, and the Member Awards.
Follow along on Twitter using #NAMmtg and @theNAMedicine
- Gilbert Omenn, M.D., Ph.D., Chair, University of Michigan
- Nancy E. Adler, Ph.D., University of California, San Francisco
- Huda Akil, Ph.D., University of Michigan
- Thomas Boyce, M.D., University of California, San Francisco
- Elaine Fuchs, Ph.D., The Rockefeller University
- Steven E. Hyman, M.D., Harvard University
For questions about the 2017 NAM Annual Meeting, contact Donna Duncan, Deputy Director of Council and Membership Services, at DDuncan@nas.edu.