This video is available in English and Spanish
View Latinx/Latino/Hispanic members of the NAM on the importance of the COVID-19 vaccine in bringing our families together again.
This video is available in English
View a video from Black members of the NAM inspiring confidence in the COVID-19 vaccine.
Promoting Vaccination Uptake in the Latinx/Latino(a)/Hispanic Communities
Black and Latinx/Latino(a)/Hispanic members of the National Academy of Medicine (NAM) came together to share an important message: The best way to bring our families and communities back together safely is to accept the safe, effective COVID-19 vaccines and help ensure our family, friends, and neighbors are vaccinated as well.
Hear these experts encourage both the Black and Latinx/Latino(a)/Hispanic communities across the nation to trust the science, research, and medicine these experts supported and conducted that led to the development of a safe and effective vaccine and the importance of protecting their loved ones.
Get your COVID-19 vaccine today
Easily find vaccination sites that offer walk-ins and scheduled appointments for the COVID-19 vaccine in your zip code with vaccines.gov.
Users can select which vaccine they have a preference for: Johnson & Johnson/Janssen (age 18+), Pfizer-BioNTech (age 12+), or Moderna (age 18+) and get help in English, Spanish, and other languages.
Free services to access your vaccine
Need a free ride? You can also access free services from Lyft and Uber to get you to and from your vaccination! Schedule one for yourself or book one for a family member.
- See details from Lyft here (Link in English only).
- Call for details from Uber: (855) 921-0033 (Available in English and Spanish)
Stories from the Community
Hear individuals from across the United States tell the stories that inspired them to get a COVID-19 vaccine. For many, the change of heart came from their desires to protect their families, to protect their health, and to help society return to normal.
- Why Did These Vaccine-Hesitant People Decide to Get the COVID-19 Vaccine? | Salud America (salud-america.org)
- A Latino doctor was the first person in Rhode Island to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Now he wants to be an example for his community | The Boston Globe
- Yale Doctor Shares His COVID-19 Vaccine Experience With Spanish-Speaking Patients | Connecticut Public (ctpublic.org)
- Dr. Eugenia South: I’m a Black doctor who didn’t trust the Covid vaccine. Here’s what changed my mind. | (nbcnews.com)
- 5 stories about COVID-19 vaccine mistrust from Americans of color | PBS NewsHour
- Pediatrician Dr. Kyle Monk shares why she made the decision to get the #COVID19Vaccine | YouTube
- How, and Why, I Got Over My COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy | NextAvenue.org
Learn more about the COVID-19 Vaccine
Last updated: 9/25/21
Help us share these resources!
Tweet! Watch the full video from Latinx members of NAM encouraging their communities to get vaccinated and protect their loved ones: https://nam.edu/promoting-vaccination-uptake-english/
Tweet! Latinx NAM members tell their communities that they know the science – and that’s why they support vaccination against COVID-19. Watch the full video: https://nam.edu/promoting-vaccination-uptake-english/
Tweet! Latinx members of the National Academy of Medicine urge their community to get vaccinated against COVID-19 in a new video. Hear why these experts support vaccination here: https://nam.edu/promoting-vaccination-uptake-english/
Download and share the graphics below!
Information for the General Public: Please consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the latest updates on COVID-19 as well as tips for protecting your health.