Emerging Leaders Forum
The National Academy of Medicine’s Emerging Leaders Forum (the Forum) began in 2016 to increase the NAM’s engagement with exceptional early- and mid-career professionals working in biomedical science, health care delivery, health policy, and related fields. The Forum facilitates opportunities for mentorship, collaboration, and innovation between the emerging leaders, NAM members, and experts across sectors. Forum members also provide valuable input and feedback to help shape the priorities of the NAM and sustain the NAM’s impact and reputation as a national leader in advancing knowledge and accelerating progress in science, medicine, policy, and health equity. Forum members may publish Perspectives, participate in convening activities throughout the larger National Academies, and participate in interest groups.
2017-2018 Forum Roster
- Deidra C. Crews, MD, ScM, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Associate Vice Chair for Diversity and Inclusion, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Lori Freedman, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, The University of California, San Francisco
- Christopher Friese, PhD, RN, AOCN, FAAN, Professor, Department of Systems, Populations and Leadership, University of Michigan School of Nursing
- Sandeep Kishore, MD, PhD, MSc, Associate Director, The Arnhold Institute for Global Health, Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai Health
- Margaret (Gretchen) L. Schwarze, MD, MPP, Associate Professor, Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Wisconsin
- Julie Segre, PhD, Chief and Senior Investigator, Translational and Functional Genomics Branch, the National Human Genome Research Institute, the National Institutes of Health
- Kimberly Snyder, MPH, Social Scientist, Food and Drug Administration Center for Tobacco Products
- Sohail Tavazoie, MD, PhD, Leon Hess Associate Professor and Head, Elizabeth and Vincent Meyer Laboratory of Systems Cancer Biology, The Rockefeller University
- Y. Claire Wang, MD, ScD, MS, Associate Professor, Health Policy and Management, Mailman School of Public Health
- Joseph C. Wu, MD, PhD, The Simon H. Stertzer, MD Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) and Radiology, and Director, Stanford Cardiovascular Institute, Stanford School of Medicine
- Ramnik Xavier, MB, ChB, Chief of Gastroenterology and Director, the Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital; Kurt Isselbacher Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School; Institute Member, Broad Institute
If you have any questions about the Emerging Leaders Forum, please email Meg McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.