NAM-HKU Fellowship in Global Health Leadership
The 2023 Call for Applications (CFA) is now closed. The next CFA will open in 2024.
The University of Hong Kong (HKU) and the U.S. National Academy of Medicine (NAM) have established the NAM-HKU Fellowship in Global Health Leadership. Since 2019, this program has provided a two-year training for early to mid-career scholars to learn and work at HKU School of Public Health and the NAM in areas under the umbrella of global health leadership.
The two-year fellowship will include:
- Scholarship to undertake the Master of Public Health (MPH) program, on either part-time or full-time basis, at the HKU School of Public Health;
- Attachment at HKU School of Public Health, to work on research or knowledge exchange project under the guidance of a professoriate staff;
- Three-month stays at the NAM in Washington, DC, during which the fellow will learn and collaborate with an appropriate board/committee/roundtable, and be supported by a faculty mentor who is a member of NAM; and
- Roundtrip airfare from Hong Kong to Washington, DC, US for the NAM residency experience.
Please note the fellow shall be responsible for travel to Hong Kong (if applicable), and living costs during their stay in Hong Kong and Washington, DC, when undertaking the fellowship program.
For more details, please review the supplementary information.
- Be early to mid-career scholars with a graduate degree (i.e. either a master or a doctoral degree) and have completed their post-degree work for 2-10 years; and
- Have a demonstrated interest and commitment in fields such as global health policy, governance, diplomacy, sustainable development, healthy cities, health equity, health systems and economics, or related areas.
Application Materials & Process
Applicants need to complete the online application through HKU and upload an up-to-date CV and three reference letters by the application deadline. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview. For enquiry, please email email@example.com.
Nason Tan, MBBS, MPH
The University of Hong Kong | 2023/24 NAM-HKU Fellow in Global Health Leadership
Holly Hou, PhD, MSc
International Committee of the Red Cross | 2021/22 NAM-HKU Fellow in Global Health Leadership
Kai Ning Cheong, MBBS, MRCPCH, DTM&H, FHKAM, FHKCPaed
Hong Kong Children's Hospital & Queen Mary Hospital | 2020/21 NAM-HKU Fellow in Global Health Leadership
Chinmoy Sarkar, PhD, MSc
The University of Hong Kong | 2019/20 NAM-HKU Fellow in Global Health Leadership
Inquiries about the Fellowship in Global Health Leadership should be directed to:
Health Policy Fellowships and Leadership Programs
National Academy of Medicine
500 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: (202) 334-1506