NAM President Victor J. Dzau and Home Secretary Elena Fuentes-Afflick have announced that the following individuals have been elected by the NAM membership to serve 3-year terms on the Academy’s Governing Council, effective July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2024:
- Jeffrey R. Balser, President & CEO, Vanderbilt University Medical Center; Dean, School of Medicine, Vanderbilt University
- Claire Brindis, Distinguished Emerita Professor of Health Policy (on Recall); Emerita Director, Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies; Co-Director, Adolescent and Young Adult Health National Resource Center, University of California, San Francisco
- Eve J. Higginbotham, Vice Dean, Inclusion and Diversity; Senior Fellow, Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics; Professor of Ophthalmology, Scheie Eye Institute, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Linda A. McCauley, Dean, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University
- Huda Y. Zoghbi, Professor, Molecular and Human Genetics, Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute, Baylor College of Medicine
The complete 2021-2022 NAM Council roster is now available. For questions, contact NAMedicine@nas.edu.