Toward the “New Normal”: Protecting Public Health as America Reopens
When: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 | 5:00 – 6:30pm ET
5:00 pm | Welcome
- Victor J. Dzau, MD, President, National Academy of Medicine
5:05 pm | Introduction
Moderator: Scott Gottlieb, MD, Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
5:10 pm | Expert Panel Discussion
- Mary Travis Bassett, MD, François-Xavier Bagnoud Professor of the Practice of Health and Human Rights, Director of the François-Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and Human Rights, Harvard University
- Heidi Larson, MA, PhD, Professor of Anthropology, Risk and Decision Science, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- David Michaels, MPH, PhD, Professor, Environmental and Occupational Health, George Washington University
- Christopher J. L. Murray, MD, DPhil, Chair and Professor of Health Metrics Sciences and Director, Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, University of Washington
6:00 pm | Audience Q&A
6:25 pm | Concluding Remarks
6:30 pm | Adjourn
*Subject to change
The webinar will be recorded, and that video, as well as a transcript of the webinar and presenter slides, will be posted on our website after the event concludes.
This webinar is the seventh in a series called “COVID-19 Conversations” hosted by the National Academy of Medicine and the American Public Health Association. Join our COVID-19 and Infectious Diseases listserv to be notified about new resources and upcoming events.
Questions? Trouble accessing the webinar? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.