Moving to value-based payment through MACRA and other policies:
- Elizabeth Mitchell, Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement
- Cynthia Brown, American Medical Association
Regulatory reform opportunities to facilitate value-based payment
- Bill Kramer, Pacific Business Group on Health
- Akin Demehin, American Hospital Association
- Stephen Friedhoff, Anthem
State efforts to ensure progress
About this Event
An ad hoc convening activity, under the auspices of the NAM Leadership Consortium for a Value & Science-Driven Health System, the Value Incentives & Systems Innovation Collaborative (VISIC) seeks to build on the foundation of prior work engaged by the Consortium to develop a learning health system by convening organizations and individuals actively working to design, develop, test, and evaluate innovative approaches to shifting health care payment models in ways that reward value, and develop and apply system-based tools and processes for improving health and health care.
At this meeting, participants will
- Explore what is happening in the field to advance progress toward value-based care and understand current activities to avoid redundant efforts.
- Consider what key considerations will ensure progress, particularly amidst an impending transition, and discuss a bipartisan path forward to value-based care.
- Examine what is most needed to accelerate progress and how the Leadership Consortium can contribute by identifying gaps in strategic efforts and specific opportunities for the Leadership Consortium.