About this Event
This is an event of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
Where: Keck Center (Room 100) | 500 Fifth Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
The first workshop of the Standing Committee for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Division of Strategic National Stockpile will take place February 4-5, 2016 at the Keck Center in Washington, DC. Workshop objectives are as follows:
- Provide a broad overview of current efforts underway at CDC, DoD, and the VA to distribute medical countermeasures and other supplies during a disaster or other public health emergency including during times of major infrastructure failure;
- Review novel practices used by private industry to distribute medical products and supplies on a day to day basis as well as during an emergency;
- Identify major gaps in currently available distribution methods in the public and private sectors;
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and coordination between CDC and among relevant federal as well as industry programs to support effective and efficient medical countermeasure distribution; and
- Examine opportunities to enhance the economic sustainability of the SNS in view of evolving mission expectations and new MCM research and development.
For more information, contact Jack Herrmann: