National Academy of Medicine, Hevolution Foundation, the Gulf Health Council (GHC), and King Abdullah International Medical Research Center (KAIMRC) held a one-day summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, on Sunday, February 19th: “The Global Roadmap for Healthy Longevity: Enabling Longer, Healthier Lives in the Gulf.”
The summit was held in the Honorable Presence of H.R.H Prince Abdullah bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz, Minister of the National Guard of Saudi Arabia and Hevolution’s Executive Committee Chairman.
The Global Roadmap for Healthy Longevity was published in the summer of 2022 by NAM. Since then, NAM has co-hosted summits in key regions around the world to publicize and disseminate the Global Roadmap, and to explore findings and next steps for specific regions.
The first such event was held in Singapore on August 24th in collaboration with the Singapore Ministry of Health, the National University Health System, the National University of Singapore, and the Tsao Foundation, and the second was held in Washington, DC on November 14th in collaboration with AARP.
The third event was held in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, co-hosted by NAM, Hevolution Foundation, King Abdullah International Medical Research Center (KAIMRC), and the Gulf Health Council (GHC).
Topics discussed included:
- Vision of a Healthy Longevity World
- Healthy Longevity in the Gulf
- From Global to Local: Translation Global Roadmap insights to the regional level
- Capturing the Healthy Longevity Dividend
- A variety of related topics
Speakers and panelists include:
- Dr. Victor Dzau, President of NAM
- Prof. Linda Fried, Co-Chair of the International Commission and Dean, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University
- Prof. John Eu-Li Wong, Senior Vice President (Health Affairs) and Isabel Chan Professor in Medical Sciences at National University of Singapore and Co-Chair of the International Commission that co-authored the report
- H.E. Bandar Al Knawy, MD, FRCPC, FRCP (EDIN) Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of National Guard Health Affairs President, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
- Dr. Mehmood Khan, CEO of Hevolution Foundation and a member of the Global Roadmap for Healthy Longevity International Commission
- Dr. Hani Jodkar, Deputy Minister for Public Health, Saudi Arabia
- Lord Bethell, Former Minister of Health, Government of the United Kingdom
- Prof. Vadim Gladyshev, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Kristen Fortney, PhD, CEO & co-founder, BioAge Labs