Date: August 7, 2019 | 8:30 am to 12:30 p.m. PT
The University of Washington
KANE Hall 210
Seattle, WA 98195
To view full playlist, click “1/19” button on the upper right hand side of the screen.
About This Event
The Committee on the Future of Nursing 2030 would like to hear your insights on ways to advance the nursing profession to help our nation create a culture of health, reduce health disparities, and improve the health and well-being of the U.S. population in the 21st century. This meeting was the third of three regional town hall meetings. The theme of the Seattle meeting was High Tech to High Touch.
To learn more about the ongoing study, visit nam.edu/FutureofNursing2030/.
List of Speakers:
- Sue Hassmiller, RN, PhD, FAAN, Senior Scholar in Residence and Senior Advisor to the President on Nursing, National Academy of Medicine
- Mary Wakefield, PhD, RN, FAAN, Visiting Distinguished Professor, Georgetown University and University of Texas at Austin
- Sue Birch, RN, Director of Washington Health Care Authority
- Molly Coye, MD, Executive-in-Residence, AVIA
- Kenya Beard, EdD, AGACNP-BC, NP-C, CNE, ANEF, FAAN, Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences, Nassau Community College
- Molly McCarthy, MBA, BSN, RN-BC, Chief Nurse Officer, Microsoft
- Sofia Aragon, JD, BSN, Executive Director, Washington Center for Nursing
- Sheila Shapiro, MBA, Senior Vice President, National Strategic Partnerships, UnitedHealthcare Clinical Services
- Eli Kern, MPH, BSN, Epidemiologist, Public Health Seattle and King County
- Stefan J. Torres, BSN, RN, CEN, Registered Nurse, Swedish Medical Center
- Kristen Swanson, PhD, RN, FAANP, FNAP, FAAN, Dean and Professor, Seattle University College of Nursing
- Jason Wolf, PhD, CPXP, President and CEO, Beryl Institute
- Tim Cunningham, DrPH, MSN, RN, Corporate Director of Patient and Family Centered Care, Emory Healthcare
- Bernadette M. Melnyk, PhD, RN, APRN-CNNP, FAANP, FNAP FAAN, Vice President for Health Promotion, University Chief Wellness Officer, Dean and Professor; College of Nursing, The Ohio State University
Questions? Email: Futureofnursing2030@nas.edu.