About this Event
On August 8, 2018, the National Academy of Medicine hosted the third meeting of its ongoing Culture of Health program to engage allies in the Culture of Health movement. The NAM’s Culture of Health program is a multiyear collaborative effort funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Objectives of this meeting are to:
- Provide and discuss concrete examples of the successes and challenges in creating programs and policies to address the social determinants of health and/or advance health equity at the community level.
- Discuss Fannie Mae’s innovation challenge initiative to address sustainable communities and affordable housing.
- Determine which elements and resources would be most beneficial to support communities in advancing their agendas to advance health equity and address the social determinants of health.
- Discuss how communities can effectively message efforts to advance health equity and address the social determinants of health to diverse audiences, including local and national funders.
- Develop three objectives for a future workshop on messaging health equity.