Washington, DC—National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD), held every year on April 16, highlights the importance of advance health care decision-making. To mark NHDD this year, the NAM is providing information and tools for the public to talk about their wishes with family, friends and health care providers.
To assess progress since the release of Dying in America in September 2014, and to inform the work of a new Roundtable on Quality Care for People with Serious Illness, the NAM is conducting a nationwide survey to track improvements over the past 18 months, discover barriers that have prevented progress, and better understand current areas of need. Your feedback will help the roundtable shape its work over the next three years. Please tell us about your experiences and encourage friends and colleagues to take the survey as well.
In addition, the following resources are currently available from the NAM:
- Podcast series: Conversations About Care at the End of Life
- Dying in America: Improving Quality and Honoring Individual Preferences Near the End of Life (2014 Report)
- Key Findings and Recommendations from Dying in America Report
- Palliative Care Infographic
- Public Service Announcement: It’s Time to Have the Conversation
Find us on Twitter @theNAMedicine and join the conversation using #NHDD.