May 2017 05
Evidence base: community values, engagement, and health disparities
- James Weinstein, Communities in Action: Pathways to Health Equity
- Marshall Chin, Solving Disparities Through Payment and Delivery System Reform
- Daniel Mullins & Franklin Lance, State of the Evidence: Relationship of Engagement, Culture, and Disparities
Engaging communities to influence culture of care and outcomes:
- Julia Resnick, Engaging Communities to Advance Health in America
- Matt Longjohn, Transforming Health: The Y’s Role
- Melinda Abrams, Engaging Communities to Influence Culture of Care and Outcomes
Lunch session: CEO leadership at the front line
This meeting will work to address 3 core questions:
- Engaging Communities. What is the state of the evidence and practice in engaging hard to reach populations?
- Leadership Insights. What is the role of leadership in creating and sustaining a culture of patient, family and community engaged care?
- Clinician Engagement. What tools and strategies may help equip clinicians for managing medical and social complexity effectively with patients and families?