About this Event
Over the past year, the NAM Accelerating Clinical Knowledge Generation and Use meeting series, which was sponsored by PCORI and held under the auspices of the NAM Executive Leadership Network for Continuously Learning Health Care, focused on the institutional capacity and infrastructure needed to facilitate care delivery, care improvement, and new knowledge; ways to accelerate progress through cooperation and sharing across organizations; and approaches to steward system-wide progress toward continuous learning and improvement throughout health and health care.
On June 19th, 2017 the National Academy of Medicine will celebrate the release of an NAM Special Publication in partnership with the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). This public release summarizes insights from a series of meetings involving health system executives and clinical research leaders exploring the issues, prospects, and progress for transforming evidence development and use.
This meeting will bring together invited representatives from the NAM Executive Leadership Network and research partners. During this discussion-based convening, participants will address the following questions:
- How much can evidence development be accelerated, given current knowledge and resources?
- What might that mean for better outcomes for patients and greater efficiency in health care?
- What system and culture changes can transform evidence development for the care experience?
- How much progress has been made in preparing the field for the paradigm shift?
- What are the hallmarks of successful partnerships among care executives and research leaders?
- What are the priorities to move executive leadership to the next level for continuously learning health and health care?
This meeting will lead to the identification of strategies to continue to enhance, sustain, and spread continuous learning across health delivery systems.
This event is the first public release of the summary from the meeting series.
Please register by Monday, June 12, 2017 COB.
For questions, please email Marianne Hamilton Lopez at MLopez@nas.edu.